Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day-in-the-life story commentary

For our day-in-the-life story I chose to write about Derek Capo and his "adventure" of turning in his Art entrance portfolio.

The most difficult thing about writing this story was that I kept going over the word limit. I took a good seven pages of notes about Derek Capo and what he did during his day. I was sad to have to cut so much of it out.

The easiest thing about the story was writing it. I had taken all of the notes and the words seemed to pour from my notebook to my word processor. Cliched? Yeah.

From the research I did on this story I learned that I really want to take art classes again. The atmosphere is rich with humor and sarcasm, it was nice being back in that setting.

While writing and rewriting the story I learned that it's much harder to keep tenses on a feature story as opposed to a news story. Which sounds weird coming from a college student who is versed in english and writing that accursed language.

I think my observations were really good. I had Derek read over it and he had said "It's like I'm in that day again, how awful."

This story was rich was english "no-no's" in the fact that I switch tenses... a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment