Thursday, April 30, 2009

We've come a long way.

Through my trials in the JMC program, I've learned a lot about Journalism, which, I guess, is to be expected. But I've acutally learned a decent amount of skills that'll probably keep with me.

Writing has been a strong point of mine since about the 11th grade in High School but since then I've been able to temper it, successfully being able to bend it and shape it to my will. Whereas in High School I would be at work on a piece of writing for a very long time.

I've also learned through the JMC department that I'm not going to have an easy time ahead of me. I got into the program late Sophomore year, which put me at a disadvantage for classes and credits. My Junior year has been devoted to the program, I've never been so immersed in a series of classes like I have been this year. It gave me a needed boost to my enthusiasm and cut down on my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment